Saturday, October 15, 2016

Covers and Excerpts and Short Stories, Oh My!

First, did you see? DID YOU SEE? EW.com released the cover for NOW I RISE, and it's so stunningly gorgeous and I want to marry it, but marrying book covers is still frowned upon by polite society. Click here for a link to an exclusive sneak peek at what our darling vicious Lada has been up to since the end of book one...


Guh. I've seen it in person, and it's just as gleaming and pettable and gorgeous as AND I DARKEN.

(I'm the luckiest, always. I don't know how I have had this cover streak, but I try not to question it, and I leave bowls of milk out for the cover fairies every single night.)

Second! Have you heard of ReMade yet? It's serialized fiction, like weekly episodes of television only in written format. More info about it and how to subscribe here. Basically, it's super fun, compelling fiction sent in serialized chunks to your eReader every week! ReMade is sci-fi YA about a group of teens who wake up in a new, unknown place...after they die.

It was a pretty unique thing to be a part of. The six of us--Matt Cody, Andrea Phillips, E.C. Meyers, Carrie Harris, and Gwenda Bond--collaborated on planning the whole season based off of Matt's original concept. So, for example, I created a character named Inez, and then E.C. Meyers had the first episode from her POV. He brought things to her character I never would have imagined. Definitely an example of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts!

Anyway, if you're looking for something a little different, I recommend it. And, bonus, there are already five episodes out, so you can binge in time for my first episode--"Reality No Show"--coming out this week!

Finally, reminder that I will be on tour starting the 23rd! Toronto, San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Denver, Austin, NYC, and DC...I'm coming for you.

That's all! Except that hi, I like you, thanks for your eyeballs. They're fantastic eyeballs, and they brain they talk to is even better.

XOXO



No comments: