Friday, February 14, 2014



Man, oh man. I'll admit, I didn't know what they were going to do for this one. I gave them a book with a historical fantasy setting based on Edwardian England (but not actually Edwardian England). So it had magic, but also a recognizable setting. Fancy dresses! Teacups! Bewitched birds! And, at the center of it all, Jessamin, a girl feeling very small and alone in a country far, far from the beautiful island she'd grown up on. They had to come up with a cover that somehow captured all of that.


Anyway. Gah. So gorgeous. And that tagline kills me. Thank you, HarperTeen and my designer Michelle Taormina, for once again working your cover magic!

It doesn't come out until September, but here, have a blurb from Stephanie Perkins, internationally bestselling author of Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door:

Illusions of Fate is an absolute delight—a magical, sparkling, dangerous world with witty repartee and a romance that will light your heart on fire. Kiersten White’s best yet.”


Moving onto the next exciting thing:

You can read all of Mind Games online for FREE until Monday! That's right--the entire book. Snuggle in with your laptop or tablet and read away. It's a fast read, and you'll be done just in time for Perfect Lies coming out on Tuesday! No waiting, and, since it's a duology, no cliffhangery second book.

That's it for now. But this weekend look for some fun Perfect Lies extras! And don't forget to come see me next week if you're near NYC, DC, Nashville, or New Orleans!


Sabrina Giles said...

That's the most beautiful cover I've seen in a while... Gorgeous.

Rebecca T. said...

I swear your covers keep getting better and better! I want this right now so I can have you sign it on Tuesday :D

Dena BooksforKids said...

LOVE that cover! Breathtaking! September can't get here fast enough!

Leandra Wallace said...

Very, very awesome! Love the cup, the ring, the birds- all of it! Hurry up, September...

Tizzy Potts said...

The cover is absolutely stunning, I can't wait to read this. Thanks so much for letting me know about Mind Games being free to read this weekend. I won't get through it all but it will whet my appetite for when I can buy the book.

PJ Friel said...

I've never read any of your books, but a friend linked your cover on Facebook and I HAD to come and find out what the book was about. I'll be honest, though...I don't even really care. lol! That cover made this an insta buy for me. Truly stunning work. My compliments to your cover artist!

Lisa Rutabaga said...

Seriously gorgeous cover right there. Can't wait to read it when it's out in September. Not that I want to speed through those summer months which yet seem so far away, but how can you not want to when a surely awesome book with a beautiful cover is coming?

Lisa Rutabaga said...

Seriously gorgeous cover right there. Can't wait until September! Not that I want to speed through those summer months which yet seem so far away, but can you blame me when a surely awesome upcoming read has a cover that amazing?