Monday, January 21, 2013

The Massive Mind Games Pre-order Contest!

I'll admit, coming out with a new book after a series is...a little scary. Will people like it? Will your awesome readers accept you writing something very different? Will the nail polish you bought to match the cover go with your signing outfits?

Serious questions here, folks.

But along with the worries comes the EXCITEMENT. I am so very, very excited to bring you on a new, darker adventure. To introduce you to Fia and Annie, two exceptional sisters. To introduce you to James. Ahem.

I wanted to let you know just how much I appreciate your continued readership and support. I wanted to do a contest. A BIG contest. But more than that, I wanted to make sure that everyone who supported MIND GAMES by preordering the book got a personal token of my appreciation.

So, first and foremost, if you preorder MIND GAMES and fill out the form below, you will receive a signed bookmark normally available only at my signings. And by you, I mean everyone who preorders and enters.

EVERYONE.

(Never fear: I am totally drafting Hot Stuff to help me address envelopes.)

And while everyone gets a signed bookmark, US residents are also entered to win other prizes!

THREE people will win an unsigned hardcover Paranormalcy trilogy, courtesy of my fabulous publisher, HarperTeen!

TWO people will win a signed, personalized hardcover Paranormalcy trilogy.

And ONE person will win a signed, personalized hardcover Paranormalcy trilogy, a signed, personalized copy of MIND GAMES, an iPod shuffle (in Fia's Eyes Blue), an iTunes giftcard, and a handwritten, never-released, available nowhere else playlist that I used extensively while writing MIND GAMES and its sequel!

The rules are simple. Preorder MIND GAMES from your favorite retailer (Barnes and Noble! Amazon! Indies! Book Depository! Ebook version and the audiobook totally count, too!) by FEBRUARY 17th. No entries after February 17th will be counted. After you have preordered, come back here and fill out the form letting me know you did so. Taa-daa! Instant bookmark! And you're entered for a chance to win one of the other prizes, too!

I do not require proof of purchase in the form of an emailed receipt for every entry. I trust you all to be awesome, and everyone knows honesty is the awesomest policy. However, if you do win one of the big prizes, I will ask you to email a copy of the receipt that matches the date you entered, just to verify since those prizes have a cash value.

NOTE: The prizes for this contest are not open internationally, because of issues with taxes/tariffs on mailing gifts. But if you are international and preorder either MIND GAMES or SISTER ASSASSIN (the UK/AUS/NZ edition), you are absolutely entitled to a signed bookmark and I am more than happy to send one your way!

So, go forth! Preorder! Enter the contest! And through it all, please know how very deeply I appreciate your willingness to lend me your imagination for a few hundred pages. It is one of the greatest privileges of my life.

*CONTEST CLOSED* Thank you for all the entries!

25 comments:

Tara said...

totally pre-ordered for my NOOK! can't wait to read it!

Jessie Clark said...

Loved the book trailer! Pre-ordered on Amazon months ago!

Kara Squire said...

Far too excited for this book!! Pre-ordered it on Amazon the other day. :D

Keshia Swaim said...

I'm in full happy-dance mode

Kate Pawson Studer said...

I was going to pre-order anyway so this is just awesome icing on the awesome cake! You rock, Kiersten!

elliespen said...

Preordered! (Which I was going to do anyway; this just increases the awesome.) I am so looking forward to this book.

Samaire Provost said...

I pre-ordered my hardback copy at bn.com. I really, REALLY like the cover! Can't wait to read it :-) LOVED the Paranormalcy series ^_^ Keep up the writing and books! More! More!!

Robin said...

Okay, so weird question. I'm kind of a stickler about using my local indie bookstore, and I preordered, but they won't let me prepay, so I don't have a receipt. Not that I think I have a good chance of winning a big prize, but anyway...what to do?

Teen Bookcase of Wayzata said...

This contest is so awesome! I loved your Paranormalcy series and continue to sell it at our store. We gave away a galley of MIND GAMES a few months ago and have been so excited to have it in the store to recommend. I can't wait to have my hardcover copy! I'm sure it will be just as pretty in person as the Paranormalcy covers are!

Thanks again for the chance to win! I hope you travel to Minnesota one day for a signing!

Kiersten White said...

Robin, if you win I will totally accept that because I know indies work differently and I love people supporting them!

Thanks for the excitement, guys!! I really wanted to reward those who were preordering : )

elizabethfais said...

So much FUN! I was going to pre-order anyway, and this just adds to the awesome! My order is place, now the waiting (for the release) begins. ;-)

Cousin Andrew said...

I pre-ordered. I will also give our librarian a heads-up to order copies. And chocolate is proof positive that God loves us and wants us to be happy!

Love ya, cuz!

Kelsy said...

Thanks so much for the giveaway Kiersten! I have to ask, if we preorder more than one copy of Mind Games do we get more than one entry?

Kristen said...

Excited! I've run out of things to read!

Holly said...

Sorry! I accidentally submitted my form without it being complete. So I resubmitted. Ignore the first one!

Kiersten White said...

Kelsy--Hmm, hadn't thought of that! If you preorder more than one copy, yes, you may enter again. Just make a notation by your name (like, Kelsy Lastnamehere, 2nd Copy) so I know it isn't an accidental duplicate entry.

Holly--No worries!

Katy Austin said...

Just preordered on my Nook!!! I just finished reading Paranormalcy!!! OMW! I am smacking myself for those sitting on myself for awhile waiting to be read! AMAZING! I am offically a fan for life! Cant wait to read the rest of the series and feature them on my blog!!! Thanks a bunch for the amazing giveaway and bookmark!!!!!!

Lots of Love
a new fan Katy

Makayla Anderson said...

Crap, my parents don't let me order online to minimize the chances of idenity fraud. :(

Kiersten White said...

Makayla, I totally respect your parents' caution : ) But you can preorder in-store at Barnes and Nobles and most independent bookstores, so that is an option if you still want to enter!

Makayla Anderson said...

Oh yeah, I didn't realize that, thanks!

Bella Tomasello said...

Hi Kiersten! Please ignore my first entry--I messed it up and resubmitted. Thank you so much for this amazing contest!!! :)

Kiariah Bassett said...

This is an awesome contest. I can't wait to read mind games!!!!!!!!!! ��

Melinda said...

Preorder done! Can't wait to see what your twisted mind has come up with! :-)

chrissi said...

That's so cool :D I ordered my copy a few days ago, because the cover was SO BEAUTIFUL and i loved paranormalcy!
And now i find this contest and I'm the happiest person on earth :D

Holly Bryan said...

Awwww, so sad!!! Just ordered my copy today...then stumbled on your contest...and can't get a signed bookmark (sniff, sniff). Sigh. Oh well, I *guess* I'll still read it.... ;)