Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Full Shelves Make Happy Schools (Contest)

Oh, hi! I have several ARCs of Mind Games, just sitting in a stack on top of my other stacks of books. I was agonizing over what to do with them, what sort of contest to hold, when I came across a tweet from a teacher who personally stocks books in her classroom. She loans them to her students, who read them, then share them and fight over them and talk about them, creating an environment where reading is a social activity.

So. Much. Awesome.

I love that teachers have personal libraries they let their students borrow from. I also love that librarians have...well, actual libraries that they care for and stock for students. My high school had one seriously sucky library, and for an avid reader thirty minutes from the nearest library, that was disappointing.

In the end, I decided I wanted to put five ARCs into the hands of people who put them into the hands of teenagers. So! If you are a US-based teacher of middle school or high school and have a classroom lending library, or if you are a librarian in a middle school or high school, this contest is for YOU!

(Seriously. Those are the only people who can enter. Sorry.)

*Please note that Mind Games contains more serious content than the Paranormalcy series. It's darker and skews a bit older [some underage drinking, violence, references to sex but no actual sexual content]. If your students have read Hunger Games, then I'd have no problem giving it to them as it's definitely not as intense. If they aren't ready for that maturity-wise, I'd hold off for a year or two.

To enter, simply fill out the form below. Your information is private, and in a week (January 10th) I'll announce five winners! Good luck!

If you do not qualify to enter this contest, never fear: February brings the release of Mind Games and also a Very Big Preorder Contest. Huzzah!

11 comments:

Heidi @ YA Bibliophile said...

Thanks for this giveaway Kiersten! I was able to borrow a copy from a friend and LOVED it. Can't wait to share this title with my students.

Jessie Oliveros said...

I'm so excited to read your book, Kiersten. What a great idea for a contest.

fountainreflections said...

So awesome! Thank you for providing this contest! My friend received an ARC at NCTE, and she has raved about it non-stop! I would love a copy for my classroom :)

Kate said...

Even though I can't enter I want to applaud what a brilliant idea this is!!! My favorite teachers through school (one Jr. High English teacher in particular) always had their own personal libraries they spent their own money on to have a great selection and wide variety of interesting books for any type of reader. It was my so nice to have the extra option of get my hands on other wonderful books to read! Way to go amazing teachers and librarians!!! :D :D :D

Jill A. said...

I never win anything, but I am loving the opportunity to try! Thanks for the chance!!!

IAmBored said...

I just emailed this to my teacher so she could enter. I really hope she wins!

Kel said...

Thank you for offering this give-a-way! I'd love to book-talk your newest book to my students and include it in my classroom library!

Heido said...

I'm not a teacher or librarian but I still really appreciate all of the contests that you have on your blog to share your (and others') books. THANK YOU. I also love your books and blog posts. :)

Mrs. Lemon said...

Please enter me into the contest. Thanks!

Kiersten White said...

Mrs. Lemon, please note as per the instructions, the only way to enter is to fill out the form.

Sue said...

I would love the opportunity to share this with my students. Great idea. Love your writing.