Monday, July 9, 2012

Bring On Comic-Con!

So, pretty much I'm super excited about Comic-Con. I mean, 100,000+ people in the same building? With costumes?? Either it's a recurring nightmare or it's the best time you can have in San Diego in July.

Fortunately this time it's the latter option.

And, even better, I get to do all sorts of awesome stuff at the con this year. Due to my well-earned reputation for being willing to be ridiculous on camera/the internet, HarperTeen asked me to be their official correspondent. My duties include interviewing the other HarperCollins authors you are dying to hear more from (Aprilynne Pike! Dan Wells! Michelle Gagnon! Rae Carson! SJ Kincaid! Ned Vizzini!), popping up as a special guest at the HarperTeen preview panel, and speaking on a panel with a bunch of super cool authors (including Amber Benson whom I will absolutely not even think about referring to as Tara from Buffy). (NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.)

So basically what I am saying is, if you are at Comic-Con, FIND ME IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME.

And, if you are not at Comic-Con, I'VE STILL GOT YOUR BACK WITH TONS OF FUN VIDEOS OF INTERVIEWS AND OTHER GOOFERY AROUND THE CON. I'm so excited about this because HarperTeen is giving everyone a chance to get a feel for what Comic-Con is like, as well as see more from some seriously awesome authors. Yay!

My official timey things are:

What's New at HarperVoyager and HarperTeen Preview, Saturday, 7-8 PM room 9
Foes with Furs and Fangs panel, Sunday, 1:45-2:45 room 5AB, with a signing to follow

My unofficial things include interviews and count-the-slave-Leias and otherwise running around like a gremlin on a sugar high. And if you find me on the floor (meaning not at one of my panels or signings), and say the following secret phrase: "So, how are you preparing for the unicorn apocalypse?" I will give you a prize! Prizes may be anything from candy to books to toys, because that's how my purse of wonders works.

And, best of all, if you are at the con, ENDLESSLY will be for sale early!

But if you aren't, no worries--TWO MORE WEEKS, GUYS!


Rachel said...

Uh! Sounds like SO MUCH fun! Wish I could go. Someday. Someday. I love the secret phrase idea.

~Valen~ said...

Amber Benson! You are so lucky! And thinking of her as Tara - how can you not? One of the most awesomest characters on TV ever.


storyqueen said...

I am going to comic-con for the first time--hope I get to see you! I am bringing my youngest, but we are not sure which day yet. Will you be there Thurs. and Fri., too?


Jade Timms said...

I will be there in spirit. The creepy, annoying kind that blows on the back of your neck and levitates random objects.

Kris (Imaginary Reads) said...

Gah. This sounds like it's going to be amazing (I mean, of course it's going to be amazing)!!! Unfortunately, I'm in the UK. Cultural studies and living the book nerd's dream will not reconciliate with one another. (

Kristin Aragon said...

Oh gosh! This sounds like so much fun. I really wish I could attend but since I can't have fun for all of us who are stuck at home.


Aun-Juli said...

YAY. YOU WILL BE THERE. I WILL BE THERE. I've been wanting my copy of Paranormalcy signed since you released it <3

I will find you some how. You will know me by my black and pink hair.

E.B. Black said...

I'll be at comic-con, but I was only able to get a ticket for Friday (the other days were sold out), so I won't be able to see you there.

Anniomaly said...

I will be there and hope to see you running around! Not literally running because there's too many people for anyone to run anywhere, but you know about, in the crowd, in a jubilant way.

Kiersten White said...

I will be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! Should have mentioned that.

Musing Novelist said...

Have fun at Comic-Con! Hopefully, I'll be able to go next year. :D

marymoose said...

Thre is a HUUUGGEEE green monster on my back right now i am SOOOO jelous! i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go but im on the other side of the country :P