Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Teaser Tuesday

It's not Wednesday! Which means you don't get to see the full cover yet. But...I can show you the back!


I keep trying to think of a caption for underneath but it's all INCOHERENT JOYFUL BABBLING. (THE COLORS! THE COLORS!) I just...guys, they got it. They got it 100% for this cover. I love (love!) my Paranormalcy series covers, but there wasn't a good way for us to capture everything the books were, particularly the humor.

I opened the very first version of the MIND GAMES cover and was blown away because they captured it. Everything. I could not come up with a better visual representation of this book, which, in the world of covers, is downright astonishing.

BUT YOU STILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW TO SEE THE REST.

Oh, I am so mean. So very mean. Sorry. (Kind of. Mostly just giddy.)

If you hadn't heard me say it before, and the blurb yesterday didn't clue you in, the back cover copy makes it pretty clear that this book has dual narrators: sisters Fia and Annie. I don't want to give too much away yet, but how about the opening lines I wrote just for fun that triggered the rest of the book? (If you recall, this is the book I wrote in nine days...yeah, one of those.)

The moment he bends over to help the sorrow-eyed spaniel puppy, I know I won’t be able to kill him.

This, of course, ruins my entire day.

Dude, I hear you, Fia. Would totally ruin my day, too.

Come back tomorrow for the ACTUAL TOTAL NOT TEASING YOU ANYMORE MIND GAMES COVER REVEAL! Plus cookies! Except you have to bring those yourselves, because this is the internet, and cookies cannot be sent via PDF.


24 comments:

Lori Folkman said...

oohh ... goose bumps! So. Excited!

Annabelle said...

That is AWESOME!!!

Susan Adrian said...

YAY!!! Look forward to the front... (ha, see what I did there?)

Nicole@The More the Merrier said...

I love the colors on the back can't imagine what the front is going to look like:)
I'll be back to tomorrow to see!

ashley said...

The colors! The little blurb! I love it.

Kris (Imaginary Reads) said...

Gorgeous colors! I love! I want!

Daisy Whitney said...

I love how the back cover is related thematically to para with the lines from the narrators on it, just as the para series had...

Karen Adair said...

Two words: Awe. Some. And yeah, I'm in awe and I need some more!!!!!! Can't wait to see the front cover tomorrow. Because if the back cover is that epic, then oh baby!!!! Congratulations, and yeah...the only cookies I know of via the internet are the ones stored on our computers. And we don't like those. It's like oatmeal flavored with raisins. Ugh. I'd rather see the front cover of Mind Games. :) Tomorrow.....tomorrow....

Becca said...

Gorgeous. Can't wait!

Broken Angel said...

Holy, holy, holy crap. (Sorry, I cussed) I'm really digging the vide the back cover gives me. I WANT THIS BOOK.

Michelle Wolfson said...

I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT!

Astolat said...

The front must be totally out-the-window awegreat!

Becky Mahoney said...

Ooooh, chills! I am in full agreement with Michelle up there! :)

Megan Duff said...

Holy Cow! Nine days??? Either you are a novel writing machine or an abuser of narcotic drugs! Either way I like you :D

Tingling with excitement for the cover reveal...MIND GAMES FTW

Jessica@a GREAT read said...

Whoa! Nice tease!

Here's my Teaser

Have a GREAT day!

Old Follower :)

Anonymous said...

OH My GOD That is a very beautiful back cover.Now if only i could say...read the book

The Story Queen said...

Ugh, I hate those considerate, kind people... what do they think they're doing, ruining plans like that?!

I LOVE THE COVER. I AM IN LOVE AND I HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN THE FRONT YET. If all else fails, I will be able to display the back cover on my shelf!

YOU ARE SUCH A TEASE. I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU. *checks watch* Is it tomorrow yet?...

Sonia

Makayla Anderson said...

You're so mean! (or giddy?). But you give me Evie so that makes up for it.

Melissa said...

It's Wednesday where I am, so if I give you my email can I have a sneak peak of the front cover? No? There has to be some advantages of living in the Southern Hemisphere! I guess I will just have to go back to my cold wintery day then...
Still not budging? Oh well, it was worth the sympathy try.

Great blurb yesterday (I LOVE Laini Taylor too), the back cover makes me want to buy it and read it for sure!
Congratulations!

Kate said...

IT'S AMAZING!!!! I am almost breathless waiting to see the rest!!! I can't wait to see it! And I can't wait to read it!!! :) :) :)

Christine Rains said...

Wonderful teaser! And even better with the back cover tease!

readerfreak22 said...

That is AMAZING!!! I cannot wait to see the cover and I really wanna read this book! I have only read the back and I really haven't heard much about this book... but that looks AMAZIGN!!!!!

Sheepa said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
I LOVE HER!!!!! Those two lines just Made. My. Day!

I'm with you Fia, so with you there. You get all ready and then BAM! Something has to come in the way.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Whirlochre said...

This has the look of an album cover by a hot new band.

Let's say Florence (of The Machine) hooked up with Snow Patrol for a while and released 10 songs about paranormal doings.

"Available to download now. Alternatively it may just turn up spontaneously on your iPod and freak you out big time."