Monday, June 11, 2012

MIND GAMES Monday


Oh, hi! Don't you look lovely this fine Monday Morning! You've got that end-of-weekend shine to your hair, that special beginning-of-the-week gleam in your eye, that patented five-more-days-until-another-weekend spring in your step!

Wait. Monday.

Oh, Monday.

Well, how about this? How about instead of counting down the days until the next weekend, I give you something even SOONER to count down to? How about...the MIND GAMES cover? How about on Wednesday?

HOW ABOUT YES.

Guys, I'm so, so excited to share this cover with you. It's phenomenal. And I know all authors say they love their covers (we are, by profession, a bunch of liars and exaggerators), and I sincerely love the PARANORMALCY series covers, but MIND GAMES is something entirely new and

HOLY

CRAP

I LOVE IT

Ahem. But that is Wednesday. Today, I give you a blurb I was fortunate enough to get from an early reader. A reader whose books I have been known to threaten people with physical violence if they didn't read. A reader whose writing makes magic real and reality magic. One of my all time favorite authors. Yup. Behold:

“You might think you know Kiersten White, but here is a darker, more dangerous Kiersten White. A sharp, heart-wrenching, lightning-fast, and fabulously fun read in which twining narratives weave a trap around two extraordinary sisters. Fia may be the angriest narrator I’ve ever loved. I bet you will too.” 

--Laini Taylor, author of Daughter of Smoke & Bone and National Book Award finalist Lips Touch, Three Times

I just want to hug it. And her. A lot.

Coming tomorrow: A little bit more about the book itself, as well as a sneak peek at the back cover! Who says Tuesdays are worthless? (I do. I say that. But not this Tuesday!)

21 comments:

*Andye* said...

I'm so excited for this and for you!! Laini's blurb is one one the most intriguiging I've ever read. And yes I read her books on your reccomendation, for which I'm eternally grateful! :)

Congrats, Kiersten! You deserve it!

(Helen) Kiaya said...

*sets up tent outside of blog* *waits for Wednesday*

ATU said...

I'm so excited!
And I just can't hide it!
I know I know I know
I'll love it!
I'll love it!

Kelsey said...

*Explodes*

Michelle Wolfson said...

I feel like I'm about to throw up with excitement and I've SEEN the cover. In fact, not to annoy everyone or anything, but I'm HOLDING the cover right this second (although it's currently wrapped around some other book).

I'm seriously out of my mind with excitement about this book.

Also, can I say that I think that might be just about my all time favorite blurb EVER?!?! It's absolutely PERFECT!!!

Anita Saxena said...

That's a pretty snazzy blurb. Can't wait to see the cover.

Anita Saxena said...

That's a pretty snazzy blurb. Can't wait to see the cover.

Astolat said...

That's a frakking awesome blurb!

Kimberly Sabatini said...

That is FABULOUS!

ashley said...

*jumps up and down like a crazy person*

I cannot wait!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

A Laini blurb? You are so lucky!

Anonymous said...

Damn! As soon as I saw the title, I was scrolling down like crazy...and then I find it's wednesday '_'

Cannot bleeping wait! :D

Megs said...

Woohoo, woohoo! I'm dancing in my chair right now. And it will probably last through Wednesday...:):):)

Irene said...

That sounds great!Congrats :-)

Rachel said...

What a BLEEPITY BLEEP awesome review!!! I'm excited for an angry narrator. I, too, wrote an angry narrator. (Sadly she is agentless/publishingless at the moment) Can't wait for Wednesday. Congrats on such a wonderful blurb! :)

Ruby97 said...

Cover reveal? YAY! And what an awesome blurb! I'm so excited :D

Makayla Anderson said...

If you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, why am I so excited?

Musing Novelist said...

So glad to hear you love your newest book cover! I'll be eagerly anticipating Wednesday. And that is a very nice blurb indeed. :)

The Story Queen said...

Stop playing MIND GAMES with us, Kiersten!

^ See what I did there? Brilliant, I know...

AHHHH, LAINI TAYLOR BLURBED YOUR BOOK! :D As if I didn't already think it was going to be freaking AMAZING. I can't wait until tomorrow!

Sonia

Makayla Anderson said...

Ah Sonia, I see what you did there ;)

Kate said...

I LOVE the blurb! I too love Laini Taylor! And I am so DANG EXCITED!!! :) :) :)