Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Playing MIND GAMES

Today I got first pass pages for MIND GAMES. Those are basically this is your last chance pages, meaning any final tweaks or word changes need to happen now. They are exciting because it's the first time you see the book typeset and formatted how the final copies will be. It's also usually the last time I read my books from start-to-finish. So, both exciting and a little bittersweet. I'm looking forward to this re-read, though, as I'm about to embark on writing the sequel, currently titled I'M SORRY I CAN'T TELL YOU.

(Watch, someone will change it to that on Goodreads and I'll have to be like, umm, no, really that was a joke.)

But this book also has something very special. Observe:

 The "Also by" page!
With...my completed trilogy.
Pardon me while I have a moment.

This book means a lot to me. It's the first non-Evie book anyone will read from me, meaning it's your first chance to figure out if you like my writing because I was writing the PARANORMALCY series, or because you just plain like my writing. (I, uh, fervently hope it's the latter.)

This book is also what I view as the start to a (hopefully) long and (unavoidably, deliciously) varied career as an author. It's a departure from the Paranormalcy books, just as what comes after will be a departure from it. But with the unifying thread of, again, me.

(Please imagine me giving you my most charming, oh-please-keep-enjoying-my-writing grin. Not a day goes by that I'm not astonished and grateful this lifelong dream is a very practical and awesome career.)

So. Gooby emotions aside, how about a title page?

Oh, hey there, Gorgeous! 

And just in case you doubted me, behold:


Oh, hey there, dual non-linear POVs!

Oh, happy, happy me. Stay tuned for some excitingness regarding ENDLESSLY (which is coming out so soon, eep!) and, next month, the first look at the outside of MIND GAMES*!

Also, some more, always, thank you for reading.

So much.

*MIND GAMES is scheduled for a February 2013 release. Also: SO SOON.

26 comments:

Ashley said...

It's so real now! Not that it wasn't real before of course. But now it's REAL real. And man this comment mentions a lot of reals.

Tara said...

so exciting!! I like it when authors try new things, and I'm super excited for this one!!

CONGRATS on an awesome budding career you've got going here. apparently you're pretty good at what you do. After all, you've got NY Times best seller. So, you must be doing something right! :-)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

It's been so fun to follow you over the years. Looking forward to watching your career continue to unfold.

YA Bibliophile said...

Yay! Also, Dual POV?!?!? LOVE!!! I am all excitement ;)

Sarah Hudson said...

I happen to know I like your writing, not just the Paranormalcy trilogy, because it was the writing on your blog I fell in love with first. So no worries about losing this reader. :)

Also, that dual POV looks FASCINATING. Can't wait to read it!

Mary said...

Oh, you tease, you! I'm so very intrigued...

Katie said...

That must be so exciting! I can only hope that one day I'll be preparing to do the same thing with one of my books!:)

Jessirae said...

*flails* *jumps up and down*

This totally makes me sad and happy all at once, because it means farewell Evie, but HELLO next Kiersten book that will be made of awesomesauce. I. Just. Know. It. :D I'm so so intrigued by Mind Games I need the days and weeks and months or however long I must slowly die of waiting for this book! Anything you write I MUST read. It is a known fact, something I live by everyday. ;) Can't wait for more your next update!!

Anthony said...

I can't wait to read it!

Rebecca said...

Very exciting, Kiersten!

Renee Collins said...

I can almost make out the words on the other sides of the Fia and Annie pages.

*strains eyes*

J P Hannan said...

How exciting!

Musing Novelist said...

Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to read it when it comes out. (Or the third and last book with Evie, for that matter.) I'm especially interested in observing how you deal with more than one POV.

Claire Dawn said...

Why am I tempted to write a book called I'M SORRY I CAN'T TELL YOU???

Can't wait for MIND GAMES :)

Whirlochre said...

Mind Games sounds like it's going to be great.

As for I'm Sorry I Can't Tell You, it sounds like a page turner from the title alone...

Astolat said...

That's so awesomely awesome! Posts like this are a real inspiration. Well done! :D

Kristi said...

Awesome! Can't wait to see the cover. So happy for you and your new endeavor! :)

Savannah Chase said...

Huge congrats....

Laurence King said...

Very exciting, indeed, Kiersten! Congrats!

loudmouth said...

I'm intrigued! I wish you would say what it is about. All I got was that it is a thriller but I'm already looking forward to it. Non-linear multi perspectives? Very daring. I hope it has the desired effect.

Congrats!

Heather said...

No worries. You're a fantastic writer!

heidikins said...

Yay! :)

xox

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for Endlessly, but you have to get us all pumped up for Mind Games now? Just know your not going to lose me as a reader cuz my curiosity for MG alone might just kill me (even though im not a cat).
~Makayla

Kate said...

I am so excited to read it!!!! So, so, so EXCITED!!!!!!! It will give me something to look forward to in February since it will most likely be another celebration of single awareness month for me. Haha. :)

Sheepa said...

I've read books which have a great story line but really bad writing and, trust me, you've got great story line AND great writing to make you awesome.
We will, no doubt, love it.

And I really hope that 2013 release isn't a 2014 release for us in the UK :'(

Leslie Pugh said...

Very exciting! I love the title and can't wait to read it!