Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Congrats Executive Editor Erica!

Those of you who have been around for any amount of time at all know how much I adore my editor, Erica Sussman. Not only is she all things delightful in general, she's also a brilliant editor. I have no higher praise for her than that, after her edits, my books always feel MORE like my books than before. She sees exactly what needs to happen in order for me to hit everything I was trying to in the first place.

Also, she is the owner of Berkeley:
Who is also an excellent editor. And a dog. A ridiculously adorable editing dog. (In a bit of trivia that will mean nothing to you for several months, Berkeley has a cameo in one of my upcoming books. She's angling for her own spinoff series. Rightly so.)

I wanted to take this opportunity to gush a bit and congratulate Erica, who was just promoted to Executive Editor. As far as I have been able to determine, the editorial line goes: Editorial Assistant, Associate Editor, Senior Editor, Executive Editor, and Editorial Director.

Which of those titles grants the power to EXECUTE people? That's right. Only Erica's. She's like the 007 of publishing: a license to kill.

You can bet I never miss a deadline.

Seriously, though--it couldn't be more well deserved, and I am grateful every day that my professional life has Erica in it. She is a joy to work with and I feel incredibly fortunate to know her as an editor and friend!

Feel free to leave congrats in the comments. And please remember: she can execute you now.

15 comments:

Erin Bowman said...

AH! I better never miss a deadline. I cower before Erica's new super powers!!

I already sent my congrats to her via email, but I will gladly do it again here. Because she deserves them. And we are so very lucky to have her on our side. (You hear that Erica!? THANK YOU. AND CONGRATS! :) )

Sara B. Larson said...

I've heard so much praise about Erica from you and Natalie and others that I know she totally deserves this and I am so happy for her!! Congrats Erica!! :D

Paul Anthony Shortt said...

That's awesome. Congrats!

Leigh said...

Wow. Fancy. Congrats!

Kate said...

Congrats!!! :) :) :)
Have fun with your executive powers! But not too much fun. . . :)

Jessica said...

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats to Erica!

And you do sound really lucky to have her... glad you recognize it. :)

What's in a Name? .

Kristi said...

I love good news and happy stories!

Congrats to Erica! :)

Kimberly Sabatini said...

Fantastic news!!! Congrats to Erica and Berkeley is a hottie!

Rachel Bongart said...

Congratulations, Erica! You're the editor for all my favorite books!

Savannah Chase said...

Congrats, she sounds amazing..You are very lucky...

readerfreak22 said...

Wow! That is an amazing accomplishment! I give you a congrats! I hope you use that power for good (even evil if needed) Just messing around, congrats Erica!

Irene said...

Congrats, Erica!

(third try, its seems I have a lot of trouble convincing the comment-box I AM NOT A ROBOT but a person who just is unable to spell things like "nakvasus nslingem" correctly)

Liyana said...

Congratulations Erica!

Amber said...

Woohoo! Congratulations Erica! Also, it's super nice to hear about success in the world other than writing. Not that you aren't awesome, Kiersten, but so few writer gush in length over their editors (although most are super appreciative of their agents).

Unknown said...

I love the dog he looks so happy and cute. Congrates Erica :)