Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I Should Never Have a Webcam

Business first: Thank you to everyone who came to see me at the Irving Library in Texas! I had a blast. Thanks especially to the amazing Allison and everyone there working with teens. I love teen librarians so very, very much.

Following that theme, I will be speaking and signing TODAY at the Provo Library! 6 PM. You do not have to have a library card to come. You DO have to have a ticket. Info here: http://www.provolibrary.com/authorlink/576 Last I heard there were still a few tickets available.

Can't make that one? Don't worry! I'll be signing at The King's English in SLC on Saturday at 2 PM. I love love love this wonderful independent bookstore. Can't wait!

Can't make either of those? No worries. Today I give you: More videos! All of my HarperTeen YouTube Moderator videos are officially posted. I'll embed them here for your viewing convenience. If you watch them muted, it looks like my mouth is moving in fast-forward...

The Psycho Dutch Girl: Full Story



On Books and Stats and Advice for Writers



Then I go to Utah, and cut off my hair.


Reth's Inspiration



What Is My Greatest Enemy? Also First Date Story



On Covers



Advice on Getting an Agent/Getting Published/Getting a Freeze Frame with Your Eyes Closed



And finally, Lightning Round!



Whew. I'm serious about that whole makeup thing, guys. Blogging? Way less pressure.

Not that I'm not all gussied up when I blog. In fact, I'm wearing a tiara RIGHT NOW. Yup. Totally.

16 comments:

We Heart YA said...

"Did I not just record that?" Lol. Oh Kiersten... We've loved these videos! Thanks for doing them (we know they can be time consuming and/or stressful) and for always being so friendly and accessible to your fans.

storyqueen said...

Er, um...I always wear a tiara when I blog...is that weird?

Shelley

April said...

I'm very amused by the fact that we can see your taser in all of these videos. And it's always in a different spot. I wonder if that might be intentional... *suspicious*

Kiersten White said...

April--HMMMMM. No comment...

Dara said...

Loved this videos! And you and I share the same enemy :P

Amanda said...

Kiersten, you are too funny. I will miss these blogs!

pawzwazhere said...

my copy of supernaturally finaly came but now my mom is using it as a bribe to do my work **sigh** i scaredmy brothers friend when i relised it came!!! g2g go do math must read book must read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pawzwazhere said...

my copy of supernaturally finaly came but now my mom is using it as a bribe to do my work **sigh** i scaredmy brothers friend when i relised it came!!! g2g go do math must read book must read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmmaTheJane said...

Thanks for coming to Texas! Hardly anyone comes to Texas which is surprising since it IS the second largest state in the country. I'm just saying. (and doesn't alaska really count? Isn't it mostly caribou?)

Also. I promise. There are prettier places than Irving.

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

Cute! I love your new hair cut. Very nice.

Kate said...

Haha funny, don't you love Utah first dates! Mine is pretty much the same story, like hiking, sweating, picnic, yeah, pretty much. . . and I even went on mine like a decade later then you did, things don't change much around here. . .
And ha, Cascade Springs, when I was like eight I went there and decided right then that I wanted to get engaged there, I didn't care who the guy was, just as long as they asked me to marry them there, I would. But then it like burned down two years later, which it would probably be all pretty again by the time I would get engaged, but when I heard that it burned down I freaked out for like two minutes then moved on and decided not to dwell on crazy engagement fantasies, because well when your ten it's just a little over your head. . .
Now-a-days, I freak out that someday someone might actually like me enough to ask me to marry them, and I might actually like them enough to say yes, and then I will be married, like stuck dealing with some stupid guy for the rest of my life, and it scares me. . . And then there is the whole thing of how you shouldn't be kissing boys until your twenty-five, so I guess I'm safe for a while longer, but after that I'm going to have to figure out a different plan, hmm. . . :)

Lyla said...

I loved all of your videos! You're so cute and funny, Kiersten. You totally made my day. Good luck with all your future projects and thanks for doing the youtube moderator sessions (even though you had to wear make-up to do them lol).

Whirlochre said...

How superbly you sofate.

Lexie said...

Oh, G-d, these videos made me crack up just like the last ones. I can see where all the humor and quirkiness in your writing comes from; you seem like an incredibly awesome person.
Also, re:supervillains--who doesn't love their supervillains? They're so much more fun to write than those annoyingly brave and moral heroes.
Thank you so much for doing these. :D I can't wait to read more, on your blog and in your series.

BibliophileKBE said...

These reminded me of the book "Goodnight Moon", which may seem like a weird comparison, but that book was the first thing I thought of when I realized that your tazer is in every video, like the mouse in that book is on every page.

Tamara Epps said...

Loved these videos almost as much as reading your books. And btw, 'focus on being a person who writes' is the best writing advice I've ever heard (and I have a tendancy to stalk author blogs so that's a BIG compliment :D)