Monday, July 25, 2011

Blink. Blink.

You know how sometimes if you've been on a lot of roller coasters or on a boat, at night when you lie down to go to sleep you feel like you are still on the roller coaster/boat? Well, last night when I closed my eyes I saw a hundred thousand people milling around.

Yeah, having a bit of a Comic-Con hangover.

I met Stan Lee.

[PICTURE I DON'T HAVE HERE]

I saw Nathan Fillion.

[PICTURE I DON'T HAVE HERE]

I hung out with Laini Taylor and Stephanie Perkins and their super cool husbands (and my super cool husband).

[PICTURE I DON'T HAVE HERE]

I was on panels with other authors and graphic novelists and talked and laughed and learned with them, and got to meet so many wonderful fans and readers.

[COME ON YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO TYPE HERE]

And I signed a whole bunch of copies of Supernaturally.

Between that and actually seeing it out on shelves at a B&N, tomorrow's release date should be feeling sort of anti-climactic. BUT fortunately I have an awesome joint launch party to look forward to! Andrea Cremer, whose sequel to Nightshade, Wolfsbane, releases tomorrow as well. And Stephanie Perkins is staying with me and joining us! (Little does she know I am keeping her forever and never letting her leave.)

Anyway. I wish I had something more coherent to put here. But between the post-Comic-Con ohmygoshiamsotiredicannotevenseestraight and the pre-SUPERNATURALLY release haze, I'm lucky I'm dressed and conscious.

More tomorrow.

I adore you all.

And yes, Nathan Fillion is just as awesome in person.

20 comments:

Nicole M said...

See you tomorrow!!

Sarah said...

Aw, I love Nathan Fillion. Good luck tomorrow!

Marsha Sigman said...

Can you keep Nathan for me? Come on, you're already kidnapping me Stephanie.

I can quote most of his lines from Serenity. I deserve him.

RhiannonPaille said...

Hey! I need to get to SDCC next year. I missed ALL the fun and was so bummed out. BUT I might get to meet Stan Lee anyway . . . :)

storyqueen said...

See you tomorrow!

Shelley

Cynthia Lee said...

I've met Nathan twice, very briefly, of course.

He's just as nice, funny, charming and sexy as he is on TV. It's kind of painful, really. ;)

Giles Hash said...

I'm SO excited! My wife already has a copy on reserve at Borders. Sad that the store's closing soon :(

beth said...

There's a LOT of be jealous of in this post, but I think the thing I'm MOST jealous of is seeing Nathan Fillion.

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

sounds like fun meeting Nathan and stan. Bleep your book comes out tommorrow.

Regina said...

I'm glad that you had a really nice time while you were there. :)

Jazmin said...

NATHAN FILLION IS AMAZING!!!!!!! I wish I was at Comic-con but alas I didn't get the tickets in time :(. Anyways SUPER EXCITED for Supernaturally and Wolfsbane tomorrow! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

p.s i thought the title "Blink.Blink." would have been referring to the Doctor Who Stone Angels.

Kate said...

Some day I will be able to attend comic-con, someday. . . :)

lilblue said...

HOW I'LL FEEL TOMORROW- WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTICE HOW THE EXCLAMATION POINTS DEFINE HOW EXCITED I AM.

RANDOM P.S. THE WORD VERIFICATION ON THIS SITE SAYS IT SHOWS THAT UR HUMAN. AS YOU CAN SEE I WAS VERY CONFUSED.

pawz waz here said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i found out i have to babysit 2morrow so i can't go to the book store till after 5

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

My hubs has a lot of family down in San Diego and they all went to Comic-Con. It sounds amazing! I'm so glad you had fun.

Amy

pawz waz here said...

yeeeeeeeeesssssssss babysitting is canceled!!!!! so now i all i have to do is convince my mom to drop me of at the book store while she goes to the gym for .....3 hours!!!! yeeeeeaaaaaa i am going to get this book!!!!!!!


.... wait no babysitting no money.... oh well i got a gift card to Barnes and nobles i can soooo use if mom hasn't lost it!!!! when i am back i will (hopefully) have read the whole book!!!!

LinWash said...

So thrilled for you! My copy of Supernaturally is winging its way to me via Amazon. I hope to see you this fall at Anderson Bookshop!

Holly said...

I'm completely jealous of you right now.

Donna Gambale said...

I think I want to go to ComicCon JUST to see Nathan Fillion. Hmmm... now I may need to re-watch Firefly to hold me over til Castle comes back on. So jealous you saw him!

Congrats on SUPERNATURALLY! I'm really looking forward to hanging out with Evie again. :)

Amber said...

You met Nathan Fillion, but got no picture? *sigh* What are we to do with you, Kiersten? (Except maybe lock you in a small, dark room with a laptop and giant marshmallows and make you write another book. ;-) ) Glad you had fun!