Thursday, September 23, 2010

Movie Night


I finally got around to watching Prince of Persia.

The mythology was baffling and nonsensical, Jake was, for lack of a better word, orange, and across the miles and miles of sand there was nary a Persian in sight.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed it because of the company. Any movie is better with Hot Stuff. The scene: rogue assassins (Hashashins, because hey, it's Persia!, white (well, orange) people with fake British accents notwithstanding) are doing some sort of very impressive training routine practicing the best methods to kill people. One black-clad man throws two grenade-like firebombs in quick succession.

Narration from Hot Stuff: "The first one lights him on fire. The second one lights him even more on fire!"

Yes, Hollywood, he is available to write screenplays. But no, readers, you can't borrow him for your movie nights. He's all mine.

Photo by Caitlin, who agrees: Dastan might be handsome (in a strange, orange way) but Lend is still better. You never win an argument with Paranormalcy. Trust me.

16 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

I couldn't stop looking at his orangeness either. And thinking that The Lion King and The Scorpion King had a baby and it was that.

Christine Fonseca said...

hahahaha! The whole orange thing is so right on!!! And yes, great company makes up for anything.

lora96 said...

LOVE IT! Hilarious!

We watched Stargate a few weeks ago. My remarks included, "You mean he learned their entire language in two seconds and now speaks it fluently?"

and my husband commented that Kurt Russell was heroic because in the beginning he was staring at his dead kid's picture and one minute later was charging into a military operation. Very realistic.

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

watched the movie with my kids and so much fluff with acting, and plot.

Loved stargate more

Whirlochre said...

What annoys me about modern movies of this ilk is that no-one can weild a sword any more without fannying around like a gymnast-cum-acrobat-cum-dork.

Errol Flynn never did all that fiddly stuff with his sword.

I don't get it.

Megs said...

You know, when you are in town again, we should totally all do a movie night together. I just can't stop grinning thinking of the sheer awesomeness of this plan. :) ('Cause you totally agreed already and we're planning the snacks as we speak, er, type.)

Kiersten White said...

Megs--YES PLEASE.

Kathryn said...

Why is it that whenever there's a foreign film, the British accent is the go-to standby? Answer me that, Paranormalcy!

Stephanie McGee said...

So true on the British accent being the go-to one. Love the argument in the photo.

Emily White said...

I've never seen the movie, but every time someone mentions it, I think of the preview where the MC says, "give me the daggah!" and looks about to explode into some orange gooey mess.

Shallee said...

Kiersten, you always make me laugh! Thanks for sharing your husband's brilliant script-writing abilities.

Teril said...

This is kinda funny since I was just finished watching the Prince of Persia just before my kids got home today ;)
thankx for letting us know what u and Lend are watching.

Dev and Laur said...

did he make you re-watch scenes in slow motion? He is so good at that.

Claire Dawn said...

But I can get Lend to look like him.

I love Evie!

Elaine AM Smith said...

You've just spoiled my Jake-vibe. Will my passion for Jake survive Hot-stuff's narration, which I will have to complete on his behalf, whilst watching the DVD I paid good money for? I'm thinking: not. At least my accent is authentic though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nope! I don't care HOW hot Dastan might be, Lend totally wins every time! (and no, Evie is not holding me at Taser-point to say that)
I LOVE Lend! My new favorite fictional guy/fictional crush! haha!
Ok, I have a question for you.
Do YOU have a taser? And if so is it pink?
Hee-hee. :)
Just That RAndomly,
Freya Dark ;)