Monday, July 26, 2010

And the Winners Are...

Let me preface this with the fact that you are all winners.

No, seriously. You are awesome. Everyone who entered the contest made me smile--many made me laugh--and if I had enough ARCs I would send one to each and every entrant. But I don't have that many ARCs. And seriously, picking the winners? NOT. EASY. Now I remember why I always do random drawing contests. It hurts my heart not to reward everyone who took the time to participate.

Alas. That is the nature of contests.

First, we have our honorable mentions, who do not get a prize but distinguished themselves most nobly:
If I were being honest, every single entry would have made the honorable mentions, but alas, my head hurts and I can't link to that many people or it'd take all night. There were poems, photographs, jewelry, videos, you name it. And they were all awesome. Thank you!

And now, onto our first prize winners! Thanks to my generous and clever editor, I am getting three extra ARCs! The winners of a signed Paranormalcy ARC are...

Debbie (aka NerdGoddess) who not only recreated Evie's dress for a Barbie, but also made her a miniature Taser:

The dress from the cover! On a Barbie! WITH A TASER.

Guess which part my six-year-old daughter wanted to play with?
Yup. The Taser.

Angela Cason, who made an adorable trailer but won for this beautiful jewelry:


She makes stained-glass jewelry--how cool is that?? And of course the pink-and-black to match the cover!

And last but not least, Annie Cechini, who made the first non-sucky diorama in the history of dioramas!


And now, for the Grand Prize Winner, who wins a signed ARC of Paranormalcy, along with ARCs of Matched, Firelight, and Before I Fall, not to mention the Very Pink Prize Pack...

Kim Walus!

I really worried about picking a grand prize winner, but I think it's pretty obvious why she won.

Holy crap. I mean, really, just holy crap.

They even took a picture of it in the "W" section at the bookstore!

Now I need to buy a house with an office for the sole purpose of having a wall to hang that up on. (Seriously, it almost made me cry. I'm going to treasure it forever!) To see closer up details (along with her other designs), please visit Kim's blog. The woman is an artist! Amazing.

Thank you to EVERYONE who entered--all of your entries made me so happy! And don't despair if you didn't win--Paranormalcy comes out in just a few weeks. EEK.

26 comments:

Magan said...

Congrats to the winners! The hubby, T-Rex, was supposed to get the commercial up on my blog for me, but I will try and figure out how to do that...maybe unless I give myself a virus again trying to figure out how.

Malbebe said...

Congrats to the winners! Next time theres a contest I now know to go out and buy material to make something... I knew I wouldn't win. I actually had a dream or maybe you could say it was a nightmare (haha) last night that I wouldn't win. But now I'm going to go to the store and buy a Barnes and Noble gift card and pre-order Paranormalcy! I'm super excited!
Thanks for the chance to win Kiersten and I look forward to reading Paranormalcy.

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh my gosh, the Barbie! That is so pretty! An Evie Barbie!

The quilt, yeah, so incredible:) All the entries were amazing! I'm glad I didn't have to pick. I'm also glad you could give away three more ARCs!

Candyland said...

Um wow. These people went all out. Congrats!

Renae said...

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved, I'm not near that creative! Well done!

sraasch said...

That quilt is just...WOW.

Congrats to the winners!!

My 5 Monkeys(Julie) said...

congrats to the winners

Lydia Sharp said...

Amazed by all the talent here. Wow. How awesome you must feel to have inspired all that creative epicness. Congrats to all!

Lynsey Newton said...

Congratulations to the winners! I saw the quilt a little while ago and I think it deserved to win...

Patty Blount said...

Congrats! And also, WAAAAAH!

Seriously, that Barbie is awesome.

Katrina L. Lantz said...

Yay! Honorable mention!! Thanks, Kiersten. :-)

Yeah, the moment I saw that quilt on twitter, I knew I couldn't compete. Some ppl just have skillz.

Congrats to the winners! I have already pre-ordered Paranormalcy and so can take credit for all the hot vampires enrolling in high school, or at least one of them. I'm glad I entered this contest. My family now has a new song to sing together, and I think we got a few more facebook friends interested in the book. Also, you haven't lived until you've heard my 3yo singing "Peep if you're paranormal. Peep! Peep!" Maybe I'll bring him to your Oceanside signing. :-)

Annie said...

...oh what the heck.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

*dances in circles*

Thank you! This was so much fun. Those other entries were aMAZing! I loved the Barbie taser. Also, I totally want to see more of Angela's jewelry-does she have a website?

DJ's Life in Fiction said...

Wow! Those are all great entries! I especially liked the Evie Barbie. :-) Congratulations to everyone!

Kim Walus said...

I'm super excited to win and feel so honored. Thanks Kiersten from the bottom of my heart and I will definitely read every single book. I LOVE to read so this is really fun for me.

Congrats to all of the winners too! I'm really happy your editor gave you 3 more copies to give away. I'd have a hard time picking just a few winners too. I especially loved the Evie Barbie and the Handmade Necklace. Very creative!!!

Lyla said...

I am completely blown away by all this stuff! It's amazing! Congratulations to everybody!

Madeleine said...

Thank you for linking! I still can't believe you liked it. :D

And, honestly - that quilt could nearly make me cry! It's simply astounding. Go ahead and hang it in your entryway. ;D

Can't wait to read the book! I'm just worried that it will get here while I'm on vacation in the San Juans (the horror).

Jessie Oliveros said...

You get all this awesome stuff, right? Now I want to get published just so people can make me things (not because I want to see my book on shelves...no that does not matter to me anymore). All of the winners had just amazing entries.

Samantha Bennett said...

I love that she took the quilt into the bookstore! All sorts of awesome. :)

Magan said...

FINALLY got it to work...http://thepunchingbagfightsback.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-paranormalcy-arc-contest-entry.html

Kathryn said...

Wow! That quilt rules! The perfect thing to wrap around your shoulders when you're reading a new book next month! :D

Myrna Foster said...

Congrats all around, but I'm so glad Debbie's Barbie won an ARC. The taser is so cool.

That quilt is awesome!

Whirlochre said...

Congratulations to the winners.

As soon as I saw that quilt, I knew my matchstick Kiersten doll would get me nowhere and promptly slank off to a dark corner to await the winners.

fairyhedgehog said...

I saw a wonderful guest post arrive in my Google reader but it disappeared from this blog. I hope it reappears soon!

Liz.R said...

Congrats to all the winners! That Barbie doll...I want it. Seriously. I mean, it even has a taser! It's so cool!

Debbie Barr said...

BWAH! I've been away from the internet and didn't see this until now, but YAY! I can't believe I won an ARC of Paranormalcy! *happy dance*

Anonymous said...

HEY Debbie (Barr) what inspierd u to make that barbie?

P.S my sister would love one but im not such a big fan of barbie.

P.P.S please dont get afended barbie fans and sorry bout the miss spellings.