Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Ode to My Editor Upon Missing Her Birthday

Erica, editor divine
I'm just so glad that you are mine
Even if we both agree
I use "just" too liberally

Erica, editor divine
Your guidance is always so fine
"Great! Love that! Let's improve this."
Working on your edits? Bliss!

Erica, editor divine
Leaves smiley faces after lines
And smiley faces on my lips
With her doggy-parenting tips

Erica, editor divine
I'm afraid we're out of time
I send my love and adoration
to the Best Editor in the Nation.

Happy birthday, Erica!!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite entry ever. Love, Berkeley the dog

Andrea Cremer said...

Nice ode :)

Hmmm, my word verficiation is scryotc - which sounds like some sort of vile medical condition to me.

Natalie Whipple said...

I have a feeling you really, really like your editor. Let me know if I'm right.

L. T. Host said...

Happy late birthday, Erica.

I always can appreciate a well-written, good old-fashioned ode!

Claire Dawn said...

Sweet. Makes me want to be an editor. But people WILL love me anyhow. MUAHAHA!

*Ahem*

JaneyV said...

Happy Birthday to your Editor Erica. She sounds divine!

Kiersten White said...

Berkeley, I knew you were not only the cutest but also the smartest dog ever. I think you're my only canine reader! Although there is a cat that occasionally stops by...

Andrea--Definitely a communicable disease that has no place on my Ode to Erica.

Natalie--Meh, she's okay, I guess.

YES I LOVE HER SO SO MUCH.

Everyone--Erica is WONDERFUL. I feel lucky every single day that I get to work with her. She's a delight.

Natalie Whipple said...

I KNEW IT.

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

Aw that was sweet! Happy Birthday Erica!

patdwhite said...

Happy birthday Erica, thanks for being so good to my baby girl!

Marsha Sigman said...

Awesome poem!! How could she not love you??

Jenn Johansson said...

Awesome! LOL A poem so great that you've picked up canine readership. That rocks. :)