Friday, December 18, 2009

An Ode to Editor Erica

(In Honor of Unofficial Editor Day)
Her editing, unparalleled
Her hair is naturally curled
Her smile, brightens any room
Her bid dispelled a year of gloom

She's funny, smart, and oh so kind
as genius seeps from her great mind
My love for her just grows and grows
as she gushes about cute shows

Aside from all these darling traits
What does she offer? Just you wait
If you know Erica, lucky you
'Cause then you know her puppy, too!

Aaaw, cutest dog ever!

Seriously though, in addition to the fact that I will love her forever for buying my book and bringing me to my dream house, Erica is nothing but a joy to work with. She's brilliant, insightful, hilarious, adorable--in short, the best possible editor for Evie! I couldn't have dreamed up a better situation to be in for my debut novel. Yay Erica! Yay HarperTeen! Yay puppies!

On a more somber note, Hot Stuff informed me today that I haven't been funny on the blog all week. What do you say we make him guest post?

20 comments:

Renee Collins said...

Dang, that is a cute puppy!

ElanaJ said...

Happy Editor Appreciation Day to Erica!

Karen said...

She sounds wonderful! And, umm, cutest puppy ever? Perhaps.

Susan Quinn said...

I vote for the guest post! Now, if I could just get my hubby to read my blog postings . . .

Andrea Cremer said...

Did Hot Stuff miss the Twitter shenanigans? Because that stuff with the Berk and me was pretty darn funny. Though my opinion is clearly biased.

Megs said...

Oh, yes, it's time for a guest post from Hot Stuff. :)

Natalie Whipple said...

Yay, Erica! She really does sound like the perfect editor for Evie, from everything I've heard:)

Sandy Shin said...

*throws in another vote for guest post*

That's such a cute puppy. *huggles him*

Grimmster24 said...

Heck YES, Hot Stuff guest post! And YAY for puppies! (My character Christine would undoubtedly say the same--even to Hot Stuff guest posting, I imagine...)

Anita Saxena said...

Hot Stuff needs to make his blogging debut!

Marybeth Poppins said...

I look forward to hearing from Hot Stuff next week!

lora96 said...

Well my rule has always been that if one complains about the manner in which one's laundry was folded, one gets to fold it oneself...ergo, he has to post.

Rebecca Knight said...

Hooray for Editors! Also, cutest dog ever :3.

Kimberly Franklin said...

Sounds like a dream Editor. And that puppy is 'oh so cute'!

It's not always easy to be funny. So...(imagine me chanting)

GUEST POST. GUEST POST. GUEST POST.

Kristi Faith said...

I'll join the ranks and say GUEST POST!

Congrats on your successes :0)

Liam said...

Guest post=extreme happiness. Your dad was great!
Also, that dog is so cute. Especially on that complementary rug!

Whirlochre said...

Great pooch.

But I wonder — has it decrypted the carpet yet?

And yes — we need Hot Stuff. And fast.

Daisy Whitney said...

Let's put Hot Stuff on the Hot Seat!

Shelli said...

and in rhyme too! fab!

the Lola Letters said...

Yay Erica!
And that puppy? Totally made my day.

I don't think Hot Stuff should guest host, I think he should categorize your ENTIRE blog first and THEN see how much sense of humor he has left! ha ha! YIKES. I get anxiety just thinking about doing that to my blog!

Go you.