Monday, December 21, 2009

In Which I am the Worst Friend Ever

An Ode to Natalie on her Birthday (One Day Late)

Her books are multitudinous
She puts up with my moodiness
Her creativity? Supreme
She writes, she draws, she seldom cleans
Clearly she was meant to be
My friend and best writing buddy

She remains, 'twixt fact and fiction
Queen of YA literary diction
Someday soon our books will be
Snuggled on bookshelves, happily
Next to each other where they belong
Whipple and White, you can't go wrong.

Happy birthday, you amazingly talented girl, you!


Kristan said...

Okay, can I just say it is SICKLY cute that y'all will be shelved so close? I'm jealous. I need an HO writing buddy. Wait a minute, that sounds wrong... :P

Larissa said...

Awwwww! That was so sweet! :)

I hope Natalie had a great birthday and has a great time here in sunny FL! ;)

Caroline Starr Rose said...

I love you've made such a close friend via the Internet. And December is a great month for birthdays!

Rebecca Knight said...

Awwww! :) This poem made me smile.

Happy birthday to your best writing pal!

Kaela said...

Cute! I also find my blog a good venue to shot out to those I love. I find a tribute like this often makes up for a slight delay.

Grimmster24 said...

Whipple and White. You are correct, Kiersten. One CANNOT possibly go wrong with these two wonderful people.

I hope you, Hot Stuff, your children, your family, your Mac, and, yes, Laptop--all have a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Thank you for providing me and everyone else with both great knowledge and something to smile at with each blog/vlog. :-)

Liam said...

Since you generally don't post on weekends, I haven't checked back.
Until I realized that today is Monday.
And yay for Hot Stuff! That hat is wicked awesome.

And yes, I will show the cuteness overload pic to Imaginary Girlfriend. She will be thrilled.

Anita Saxena said...

This was incredibly sweet of you. I'm sure Natalie will love it.