Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Year in Review Vlog!

Okay, okay, I'm two days early. And watch, something HUGE and MOMENTOUS will happen between now and Friday and I'll have to do an addition. Oh well. Here is my 2009 Year in Review:

And now I'm realizing how many things I forgot (dang stream of consciousness vlogging), like my new nephews, family weddings, meeting Agent Michelle in person, selling in Germany and Poland, and discovering Twitter. I mean, not discovering discovering (although that would have been cool, and I could have put a KIERSTEN WRITES flag there to claim it, and name it Twitterlandia). But I did figure out how much time I could waste there. I'm very good at discovering new and innovative wastes of time. Who knows what 2010 will bring me in the way of procrastinatory outlets? Only time will tell!


Marybeth Poppins said...

Congrats on all the crazy happy things that happened in 2009!!! I hope my 2010 will be that awesome :)

Stephanie L. McGee said...

Yay for not almost dying! And yay for book deals!

Very glad you had a good year.

maybe genius said...

Hee, I love your vlogs :D A very Happy New Year to you as well!

lora96 said...

Love it!
I also had NO internal organs explode so it was a winning year.

My recap:

Bought first home. Convinced fiance to paint kitchen RED!

Completed Master's degree in Educational Admin.


Went to Puerto Rico (awesome)

Moved in to first home

Got mono and was sick for entire summer vacation

Got actual bookshelves put together and filled with books that were laying in sad piles

Got rejected by NUMEROUS talented and respected lit agents

Started new YA book which is much too long

Got 15 followers on my blog (YAY)


Natalie Whipple said...

Yeah, your 2009 was pretty freaking awesome. Mine wasn't too shabby either.

Larissa said...

YAY for awesome years! (And no exploding organs)

I may have to do a year in review post, too. Hmmmmm...

Here's hoping I can have a Kierstenly-awesome 2010! :)

Cory Clubb said...

Sounds like you had a great year, hope 2010 is even better. You know you should get a job breaking really bad news to people. You're so cheery and bubbly. For example news that my dog got run over by a 18-wheeler and then my laptop hard drive crashed would have been much better coming from a Kiersten vlog! You might check into it if this whole writer thing doesn't work out. Oh and I've never owned a dog...kind of sad really, you should have told me that too.

Kristan said...

Can I have a book deal AND no internal organ explosions, or this is a one-or-the-other kind of thing? If so, I need more time to consider...


Yay for a great 2009, and here's to an even better 2010 for both of us! :D

Renee Collins said...

2009 was a pretty crazy year all around. I think it might go down in the archives for you as the best year ever. :)

As for me, well . . . I'm thinking my cosmic alignment might work better in even numbered years. Here's hoping for an awesome 2010. :)

Cara said...

You're freaking adorable. Just so you know.

Anita Saxena said...

Congratulations on what sounded like a fabulous 2009. Enjoy your Vlogs. happy new year!

Andrea Cremer said...

Yay, Kiersten! (But you forgot your awesome new rock band and the break-out pop hit)

Happy New Year :)

Nadine said...

Great Vlog!

I hope I have some of your 2009 good fortune in my 2010!

Linda G. said...

Oh, I like it! Especially the "Book deals for Everyone" part. I think I'll add that to my Things To Do in 2010 list.

Liam said...

Yay for us! Um...me:
-survived yet another year
-started a heap[ of outta control projects
-did NOT get agented (but didn't query)
-got a guinea pig, who was killed by this thing called pneumonia.


V. S said...

Another fun vlog! Your trees looks a lot like mine :)

Kimberly Franklin said...

Happy New Year and may your 2010 be blessed with the accomplishment of reaching number one on the New York Times Bestsellers List!

Hope you have a good one!

Grimmster24 said...

GOSH I am happy to know you, Kiersten! One of the best parts of MY 2009, I can say that for sure. Hope you and your gang have a very happy new year in '10!

Kiersten White said...

Cory--HA. Call me if you ever need bad news broken to you : )

Thanks everyone! I loved hearing about some of your years, and you are all so nice. Sheesh. Where did I find all of you?? Or really, where did you find me. Seriously though, thanks : ) Thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, thanks for laughing at/with me, but always pretending it's with.

*MARY* said...

Thanks for the 2009 summary. It was just what I needed, since I was absent from your blog for pretty much the entire year, and wow what a year! And you have 365 followers!!! That's a follower for each day of the year, and an extra one in case of an emergency leap year? I'm so happy for you, Kiersten. And only a tiny bit jealous of your new red car. But after a year of crowded subways and buses, I'm thankful for my non-red car that my husband steals from me everyday.

Priya Parmar said...

Hello Kiersten!

Thank you for your brilliant 2009 sum-up and for just being a lovely voice in the internet world!

I also got a book deal in 2009 and recently started a blog. One of my New Year's resolutions is to start commenting and participating in the giant author/writer/reader blog conversation. So this is the beginning! You have definitely inspired me to do that! I hope you have an absolutely lovely 2010!

Jill Wheeler said...

Why haven't you opened your presents yet?? Yay for Paranormalcy!!

P.S. Your hair is pretty.

Shelby said...

ok, this has to be the absolute cutest post ever.

cheers :)

and of course happy new year.

(my internal organs are all staying in tact for now.)

Kiersten White said...

MARY! CHINA GAVE YOU BACK! I'm so pleased.

Jill--I totally cheated and filmed that Christmas Eve. And thank you : )

Priya--Good luck! It can be kind of overwhelming. I'm afraid I don't comment on many blogs just because if I did I'd never do anything else. Ever. Dang all of you wonderful people on the internet.

Shelby--Excellent! Keep those organs in check. (And thanks!)

Priya Parmar said...

Thanks Kiersten!

I am in the knee deep in copy editing/about to go to New York to meet my publishers (Touchstone/Fireside, Simon and Schuster)/frantically working on the next book-phase. Definitely a bit overwhelming but fun!

I love the way you write! I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Whirlochre said...

Very late in on this one. But what fun.

Here's to 2010.

Meghan Ward said...

I love our vlogs and the comments inside, but many of them are cut off, so I can't read them. I want to read them!