Friday, August 21, 2009

Revenge Poetry

I'm a fan of sitemeter. I like seeing where people are coming from to find my blog. I don't get too many odd search terms (unlike Carrie Harris), but one thing that has been popping up a lot lately is searches for Revenge Poetry.

Umm, is this a specific category or type? Like, you've got haiku, limerick, revenge, sonnet, etc. News to me. But since so many people seem desperate to find poetry on revenge, I thought I'd oblige them.

Revenge Poetry
by Kiersten White

"Vengeance is mine, you fiend!" quoth he,
raising his dagger sillily.
"For everything you did to me,
to the depths of hell I banish thee!"
Fiend frowned, and raised his eyebrows two
"Dude, what the heck's got into you?
This 'fiend' and 'thee' stuff's something new.
It's your turn; what're you gonna do?"
Sharper than the blade he glared
Aghast at how the fiend now dared
to question, after he had bared
his true intentions: evil squared.
But there was nothing left to play,
Revenge would have to wait today.
And so he sighed, now forced to say:
"You sunk my battleship, you stupid jerk."

18 comments:

Rachel said...

You're hilarious!

T. Anne said...

I shall write my own. You have inspired me my brilliant friend!

Carrie Harris said...

Evil squared. Snarf.

What can I say? We wackos attract other wackos.

Kiersten said...

Rachel--Thanks : )

Anne--Post the link when you do!

Lisa said...

Awesome. Battleship is the best. Although not quite as fun as Hungry, Hungry Hippos.

Kiersten said...

The Hungry, Hungry Hippos poem was too violent to share on the blog.

Mariah Irvin said...

I feel sorry for the kid named Fiend. What were his parents thinking?

Kiersten said...

Clearly his true nature was evident even as a newborn...

(Also, HA! You made me laugh, Mariah.)

Whirlochre said...

That should sort them out.

Oddly enough, I get lots of visitors looking for info about socks — but sadly nothing too weird as yet.

Nick said...

'Sorry' has caused more nerdrage than battleship ever had. Of course, sometimes I just really wanted to win and I'd move my ships around to make sure they got missed :)

Fantastic Book Review said...

LMAO! Great Post! I remember those days - I hated losing!

Lily said...

Too funny! You made me laugh... a good thing! I think the master of revenge poetry is Bob Dylan.

Marybeth Poppins said...

That MIGHT be better than a poem about gnomes...but barely ;)

Sarah said...

*applause* Very funny, and full of vengeance!

lotusgirl said...

Oh my! LOL! I'm going to have to check out what people are looking for when they search my blog.

Megs said...

Ha ha - love it! You gave me a great laugh tonight. Clever, clever. ;)

Kasie West said...

KIersten, you are so kind. All those people seeking revenge poetry will now bow to you (or put you on their list of people they are seeking revenge on).

I've been catching up on your blog and I have a big congratulations to give out!!!! How exciting. (I know, I know, I'm like a week late in saying it.) You deserve it. Way to be awesome!

Tara said...

LOL! Way to do the search engines proud.