Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Jam Session

Besides running around San Diego like madwomen (madwomen toting two adorable and remarkably well-behaved children who have not stopped asking me when we can visit Stephanie or informing me how much they love her), Steph and I took some time yesterday to have a jam session and practice for our imaginary band, The Punktuations!

Steph, Looking Uber-Cool

While Stephanie played an imaginary song on a real guitar, I pondered lyrics.

What Rhymes with All Caps?

After our session we wanted to go crazy and smash the guitar into things but were disappointed to find that, thanks to my kids, every breakable thing has already been broken. We went out for cupcakes, instead.

And in case anyone is wondering, yes, Stephanie is just as delightful and adorable and wonderful in person as she is on her blog. More so, even.

I know I promised you lyrics today, but I'm too excited over good things happening to other people to be clever. All I seem to be able to do today is grin.

17 comments:

Natalie said...

Man, Steph DOES look cool. You rock out, girl. And cupcakes, mmm.

Can I say I love your shirt? If you weren't so tiny I'd ask to borrow it.

JaneyV said...

Steph is very cool indeed. As for a rhyme for ALL CAPS - would "small baps" be too risque for you?

Kiersten said...

Natalie--Alas, I'm a shrimp. Thanks though ; )

Janey--I haven't the foggiest what that means. So that's probably a bigger obstacle than any raciness ; )

JaneyV said...

Baps are small round floury bread rolls. Imagine two next to each other and then possibly imagine them in a bra....

Over here amongst the foul-mouthed Brits it's an innocuous and light-hearted description. But for Kiersten Writes … too risque?

Kiersten said...

Yes, you Brits are much more liberal than Americans. Darned puritanical heritage.

JaneyV said...

I suppose we could be described as liberal but I'm pretty sure we just have lower standards!!! ;0)

Stephanie Perkins said...

Google Maps? Ear flaps? Tippy taps?

Your shirt WAS cute! I was so distracted by your awesomeness that I don't think I ever said anything! But I loved it.

Already thinking about SCBWI & next summer. I hope I hope I hope.

And to all of Kiersten's blog readers: YES. She is even cooler and sweeter and funnier in person!! (And shorter too. She's been lying to all of us -- she CAN'T be more than three foot three. She's practically a garden gnome.)

Megs said...

Sound like total fun; I'm a little jealous, but I'll get over it. ;) It's good to hear you have a day full of grins - about time!

lotusgirl said...

Glad you two had fun together! Steph rocks! There must have been a whole lot of laughing going on all around you.

DebraLSchubert said...

Kiersten, Bum raps. You could make it a song about someone being falsely accused of being really short. I think you'll go far.;-)

Whirlochre said...

have hula skirt. Will boogie.

jessie said...

I didn't know garden gnomes ate cupcakes. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Tall saps?

sraasch said...

Sweet! Pictures of the band in action. These shall one day be hocked on ebay for millions.

Kayleigh said...

Ball caps (although the repetition of "caps" may take away from the profundity of the song), tall flaps...hall maps...

I've got more!

Kiersten said...

Stephanie, I am at LEAST 3'4" and you know it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys...my brain has been on autopilot lately, I'll try to get creative again soon ; )

Carrie Harris said...

Envy envy envy.

That's me being envious that you two get to hang out. ;)

Kiersten said...

Carrie, you were totally invited. It's not like driving across the country is too much to ask.