Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yeah, I Used to Be Blonde

Might as well continue my series on Hot Stuff. I promise we'll return to our normal programming tomorrow.

Hot Stuff got roped into singing in some Christmas program tonight. I say roped in because someone else signed him up. Originally the idea was to have him sing a section of "Silent Night" in Romanian (yeah, he speaks Romanian...and Arabic), but for some reason that got changed to Russian (no, he doesn't speak Russian).

His duet partner sent him the lyrics. I looked at the computer while they were up and got very concerned. "Hot Stuff, can you even read acryllic?"


*chirp* *chirp*


"Cyrillic! I meant Cyrillic!"

Oddly enough, he knew what I was asking the first time around. Even odder, turns out he can read Cyrillic. And acryllic, too, although he mostly just paints with it.

A man of many talents, my husband.

5 comments:

Whirlochre said...

You may just have committed yourself to a Brazier Family Cyrillic Christmas Karaoke post...

Kiersten said...

But acryllic karaoke is so much more interesting...

Kasie West said...

What are you trying to say about blondes? I'll come down there right now, Kiersten. Don't make me do it.

Maggie said...

How many languages does he speak? I'm fluent in one :D

Kiersten said...

Ha! Bring it, Kasie!

Maggie, he's fluent in English (obviously), Romanian, and Arabic (he reads and writes Arabic, too). He can get by in German although is by no means fluent, and (news to me) can apparently read the Cyrillic alphabet, although he doesn't understand Russian.