Friday, July 4, 2008

Presenting Flash

Thirty days. 68,000 words. 232 pages. One heck of a lot of typing.

I can't quite believe it, but Flash? It's done. I'm very excited, and more than a little scared. Part of me wants to start my line edit immediately; the other part is terrified that when I go back, it won't be as good as I remember it being. I think I'll take a day off. I've earned a good nap.

And now, the credits:

Caffeine generously provided by Coca Cola Vanilla Zero

Laptop provided by Hot Stuff

Sountrack provided by Snow Patrol and Pandora Internet Radio

iPod provided by Kiersten's daddy

Endless patience while being ignored donated by Hot Stuff

Encouragingly giddy fan provided by Lauren

Plot aid and suggestions provided by Hot Stuff and Erin

Excitement supplied in generous amounts by faithful blog readers (all five of you)

And finally, free time supplied by Dojo and his wonderful three-hour naps, and Nayna, who is still willing to have naptime even though she doesn't sleep.

10 comments:

Whirlochre said...

Hope the line edit goes OK. There's bound to be the odd bummer but I'm sure it won't trip you up.

'Flash' — apt.

Natalie said...

YES!!! Congratulations. I find it so poetic that you finished this book in a Flash:)

I'm honing in on the end of Blood Dragon, so take a few days, let me catch up, and then we can switch.

Kiersten said...

Right now Hot Stuff is doing his first read through, making some comments and edits. It's pretty nerve-wracking. Will my hubby like my YA romance/suspense/sci-fi/whatever else it can be defined as?

I'm already anxious to get to my edit though...should be fun!

Kiersten said...

And Natalie, you're insane. I can't believe you're almost done with another book.

Natalie said...

I am insane. I really don't know where all this came from. It's like I woke up today and had 45k words. (I know that sounds short, but I have like 5k to the end and probably 8-10k to go back and fill in.)

My hubby likes this book better than zombies, so I'm interested to see what others think.

writtenwyrdd said...

Good for you! Now let it rest and come back and edit two or thirteen times until it's so good you cannot stand yourself.

Kiersten said...

Ha ha, thanks, WW. I'd like to be so good I can't stand myself...that sounds nice.

Renee Collins said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Kierstan, you are an inspiration. Way to go!

Oh, and finish those edits done so that I can get my hands on a copy!

Robin S. said...

Copngrats on your achievement!

Kiersten said...

Thanks!